[MyAppleMenu] Feb 20, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Feb 20 21:05:00 EST 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Thursday, Feb 20, 2003

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
4 Years Ago: The iMac And PalmPilot Show Microsoft The Way (David Pogue, Macworld)
<http://www.macworld.com/1999/02/opinion/desktopcritic.html>
The iMac and the PalmPilot are both winners in a contest that many manufacturers don't even realize they're playing: the simplicity war. The iMac's success isn't based on price alone (plenty of Wintel boxes are cheaper still), nor on speed (plenty of Macs are faster), nor on its looks, great as they are. The one thing it's got over all other personal computers is the simplicity factor. In this regard, Apple's ads hit the nail on the head: you literally take this thing out of the box, plug it in, and turn it on.

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow : News & Opinions
--------------------------------------
3 Years Ago: Cyborg 1.0 (Kevin Warwick, Wired)
<http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.02/warwick.html>
I was born human. But this was an accident of fate - a condition merely of time and place. I believe it's something we have the power to change. I will tell you why.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Life
-------------------------
David Letterman (Jack BoulwareKen Tucker, Salon)
<http://archive.salon.com/people/bc/1999/07/20/letterman/>
He's dumped the dulled weapon of irony and become the
Leon Trotsky of Talk: The Last Late-Night Revolutionary.

Johnny Carson (Jack Boulware, Salon)
<http://dir.salon.com/people/bc/2001/02/20/carson/index.html?sid=1013229>
On the good nights, he was the second best thing you could do in bed -- but on his best nights, he was the best.

More
----
Internet News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/internet/>
Linux News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/linux/>

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright &copy; 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.