[MyAppleMenu] Saturday, Aug 23, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Aug 23 21:05:01 EDT 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, Aug 23, 2003

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
Apple Website Changes 'Music' To 'iTunes' (MacNN)
<http://www.macnn.com/news/20754>

Ed Mendez: Shape-Shifting With Shake (Joe Cellini, Apple)
<http://www.apple.com/pro/film/mendez/>
"Among feature film-oriented students, Shake is the compositor of choice."

Apple Comptuer Puts Off Debut Of 64-Bit PC By 1 Month (Kyodo News)
<http://host.wallstreetcity.com/wsc2/Autoflag.html?Button=Get+Story&DB=SQL&SID=234x5705&Symbol=AAPL>
Apple said Friday it will postpone putting what it calls "the world's fastest personal computers" on the Japanese market by one month.

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
How Important Is The G5 To Apple's Perceived Competitiveness? (Derrick Story, O'Reilly Network)
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3697>

MyAppleMenu : Reviews
---------------------
Using Your Bluetooth Phone As A Remote Control (Wei-Meng Lee, O'Reilly Network)
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/08/22/bluetooth_remote.html>
If you are a critic of Bluetooth who believes that the technology is a solution looking for problems, be sure to give the Salling Clicker a look.

Neverwinter Nights (Dean Browell, Inside Mac Games)
<http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=405>
Neverwinter Nights is simply the best game I have played all year, in every category. It's a whole package that shouldn't be missed!

Alida (Tommy Pauly, Applelinks.com)
<http://www.applelinks.com/reviews/alida.shtml>
Even if you don't enjoy mulling over puzzles late into the night, who can turn down a strum or two on a giant guitar?

Is The Apple iPod The New Furby? (Ashley Norris, Guardian)
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/comment/story/0,12449,1027864,00.html>
We have been playing with a few of the rivals and here's what we found.

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow: News & Opinions
ISP User Resists Record Industry Subpoena (Reuters)
<http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/technology/tech-media-riaa-doe.html>
Lawyers representing a woman calling herself "Jane Doe'' on Thursday filed a motion that ultimately seeks to retain her anonymity in an ongoing legal battle between communications providers and the music industry over Internet piracy.

MyAppleMenu Reader: Science & Tech
Prime Obsession: Will The Greatest Problem In Mathematics Ever Be Resolved? (Margaret Wertheim, LA Weekly)
<http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/40/quark-wertheim.php>
Known as the Riemann Hypothesis, no mathematical problem inspires  such fear and awe -- it is said that some mathematicians would sell their souls for the answer.

MyAppleMenu Reader: Life