[MyAppleMenu] Sep 17, 2001

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Sep 17 21:05:02 EDT 2001

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (Top Stories) ===============

Common Computer Ground Has This Apple Users Flying High (Lawrence Journal-World)
<http://www.ljworld.com/section/livinglead/story/66566>
The ease of setting up networks on Macs, the new iTunes software and Brian's inventiveness had turned a late, bumpy flight into a fun experience.

Nashville School Superintendent: No New Macs (MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0109/17.schools.php>
All new computers purchases will preferably be Dell systems.

Apple Cancels Expo In France (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-7200873.html?tag=lh>
"We're sorry to disappoint our users and developers, but their safety is our primary concern."

== AppleSurf (News) ===============

Motorola Completes 1.6GHz PowerPC G5 (The Register)
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/21692.html>
Apple to launch G5 at Macworld Expo SF and ship the higher end boxes in, say, February, as it's done before.

School Notebook: Awards (The Tennessean)
<http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/01/08/08689326.shtml?Element_ID=8689326>
St Paul Christian Academy is the only elementary school in the country to be named an Apple Lighthouse School by Apple Computer.

Seybold Will Go Ahead As Scheduled (MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0109/17.seybold.php>
Seybold Seminars President Gene Gable says it's the proper response.

== AppleSurf (Opinion) ===============

Common Computer Ground Has This Apple Users Flying High (Lawrence Journal-World)
<http://www.ljworld.com/section/livinglead/story/66566>
The ease of setting up networks on Macs, the new iTunes software and Brian's inventiveness had turned a late, bumpy flight into a fun experience.

A Modest Request Of Apple Computer (Low End Mac)
<http://www.lowendmac.com/myturn/01/0917.html>
The purpose of this letter is to request (beg) that Apple release the binaries and the source code for the following software into the public domain.

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ===============

Super Get Info 1.0.2 (The Mac Observer)
<http://www.macobserver.com/columns/macgadget/2001/20010917.shtml>
Make sure to get the most information out of your file as possible, and give Super Get Info a spin.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ===============

HP To Ship PCs With Windows XP (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7199783.html?tag=lh>
As HP and its competitors prepare for the first salvo of Windows XP computers, analysts are increasingly concerned the new operating system will have negligible to no impact on holiday PC sales.

So How Much Memory Does XP Need? (The Register)
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/51/21678.html>

== Breaking Barriers (News) ===============

News, Federal Sites Flooded During Attacks (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7201125.html?tag=owv>
The most visited Web destinations during the week of the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks were news and government sites, as people turned to the Internet for the latest development.

== SingaporeSurf (News) ===============

Singapore American School Takes Logo Off Buses (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/breakingnews/story/0,1895,71042,00.html?>
All passengers on school buses will have to show identification cards from now on, the statement said.

More Gloom For Singapore As Key Exports Plunge In August (AFP)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010917/1/1gxmy.html>
Economists said non-oil domestic exports were expected to remain in negative territory for the rest of the year, raising the likelihood of fresh measures from the government to stimulate the economy.

GP Clinics In Poor Health (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,1870,70914,00.html?>
Downturn coincides with longer polyclinic hours, prompting some doctors to scale back their practices or even close down.

== SingaporeSurf (Technology) ===============

.biz.sg? Too Confusing (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,1870,70983,00.html?>
These new top-level domain names overlap, to a large extent, with existing domain-name categories under '.sg.'