[Roskilly] First Contact

Geoff LYON thelyons at numericable.fr
Mon Nov 8 07:32:48 EST 2010

I am now a member of the ROSKILLY Group

As requested I confirm that my grandmother was a descendant from the
Roskilly family. Her details:-

Sarah Helen Roskilly, born 11 August 1870 in Stepney London (daughter of
Richard Roskilly and Rosetta Hooper)

married William LYON in September
1893 in Shoreditch London

birth of William Edwin LYON (my
father) 15 August 1910 West Ham London

I recently visited St Keverne in Cornwall and saw the “Roskilly Ltd –
Cream/Iced Cream producers”

It would seem likely that the original family came from Normandy France with
a name like “DE ROSKEL”. I am living in France since 1970 and would like to
try and find a match with the “Norman Links”.

What information is available on your site? Is there a family tree
available?

Best Regards

Geoff LYON

_____