[Retros] Three proposed changes to the Codexu

liskov at im.bas-net.by liskov at im.bas-net.by
Sat Sep 1 15:11:52 EDT 2018

Dear Andrew,

I agree with your suggestions in general.

I appreciate referring to a fresher version of the FIDE Laws and to their
particular parts and articles. In general it is important to refer to a
concrete version not necessary the latest one because we cannot and need
not incorporate immediately or authomatically every change introduced into
the FIDE Laws.

Rules do vary. Therefore, most importantly, I'd like to expressly claim
in the Codex for Chess Problem Composition the "prohibition" of ex post facto
laws, with needed mild reservations, also stated expressly.

Well, I'd prefer to formulate the 50 move rule in terms of irreversible
changes on the board (including lost castling) but I mean first of all
the wording in the FIDE Laws.

Valery Liskovets