[Retros] A new program to solve fairy proof games

François Labelle flab at wismuth.com
Thu Nov 9 23:20:13 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

Jacobi v0.2 is now available. To update to v0.2 you might have to reload
the solver page twice (for technical reasons).

This new version addresses problems and suggestions that were brought up
on the mailing list, specifically...

I wrote:
> cond Hypervolage
>
> Jacobi v0.1 fails to see the solution 1.cxb8=S O-O.

This bug is fixed now.

> My current plan is to automatically run every PG in "mode Tacu", so
> your mistake won't happen again.

This is in effect, so I hope that the solving time of PGs is now never
significantly slower than Popeye.

I also do the opposite trick: I run every Tacu PG in "mode generic" with
similar results: some slowdowns, but at least one spectacular
improvement: Tacu's problem on the welcome page is now solved 16x faster.

> Jacobi v0.1 uses a hash table with a fixed size of ~128 MB. I think
> I'll be able to make it configurable in v0.2.

This is working too. You can now set the hash table size, but only once,
before the first click on "Start". To change the hash table size again
you have to reload the page.

Experimentally the maximum is 2022M in Firefox and around 1850M in
Chrome, but it might vary with the operating system and the browser
version number.

Jacobi v0.2 also fixes other problems that I discovered myself or that
were communicated privately. For a complete list of changes, see the
"Version history" section on the welcome page.

Thank you for testing!

     François