[Retros] A new program to solve fairy proof games

François Labelle flab at wismuth.com
Sun Nov 5 01:36:48 EDT 2017

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the bug report.

Actually the bug has to do with castling and not en passant. A minimal
example is

forsyth rsbqk2r/ppP1bppp/8/8/8/8/PPP1PPPP/RSBQKBSR
stip a=>b 1.0 forsyth rSbq1rk1/pp2bppp/8/8/8/8/PPP1PPPP/RSBQKBSR
cond Hypervolage

Jacobi v0.1 fails to see the solution 1.cxb8=S O-O.

This bug affects proof games with a condition where a piece can change
color, so Andernach, AntiAndernach, Volage, Hypervolage, Masand, and
Circe Turncoats. Such problems that were verified using Jacobi v0.1
shouldn't be considered C+ because cooks with castling can be missed.
The bug doesn't affect Tacu enigmas (proof games with only undefined
pieces and ColorThePieces). The bug will be fixed in v0.2 which I think
will be ready sometime this week. Sorry about the bug!

     François