[Retros] 50-moves rule and mate

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Thu Jan 11 04:02:34 EST 2007

Good points! I always respect a difference in style and character.
Coming from a more or less mathematical background I take as my example
Hibert's work in redesigning the Euclidian axioms. What I have learned
from it is that a "good" axiom/rule system has enormous generative power
and awakens the creative potential of the individuals using it. I wil
hope to demonstrate that in my future presentation of retro-strategy
concepts. There is one meta-rule in chess composition that sets it apart
from all other concrete rule sets in all other games and fields and that
is the (implied) "game-master rule": any composer can take ownership of
the rule system and amend it privately to apply to his compositions of
choice. That is a brilliant meta-rule which effectively converts every
game in the world to chess. Besides taking over the world, it will also
satisfy the wildest dream of any anarchist. World domination and
anarchism in one sweep, can you believe it?!

Best regards, Guus Rol.