[R129 SL] Reverse Gear

Flodur2 at aol.com Flodur2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 13:25:59 EDT 2011

Hello,

Although I have an R129, my experience with MB gearbox is with an 1995
S320. It had the failure to go into reverse problem too. Dropping the pan
revealed some metal particles, and the fluid and filter were replaced. That
lasted only a short time and the problem returned. The transmission was pulled
and rebuilt, The disks were worn and the servo replaced. Looking back on
it, I spent a number of hours rebuilding the transmission and should have
bought a remanufactured unit which was rebuilt with components recognizing the
problems experienced with units.

Rudolf Boentgen, PE