[R129 SL] air conditioning issue

gregorio at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Tue Jul 5 17:31:35 EDT 2011

Hi Group;

Hope this post finds everyone well! I have an A/C question about my 1991 SL that I'd like to pose the group. I had the system recently converted from the older freon used, and not sure if it is related. But I have a problem with the cooling system going from cold to hot and then back again. It seems to be cold when I first start the car, but if I make a stop, turn the engine off, and then re-start it, I get hot air for quite awhile. Sometime I have to actually turn the car off again, re-start it, and then it goes back to cold - but I have not ascertained whether that was actually helping.

In these scorching Southern California summers (105 degrees today!) I NEED my A/C! Thank you for all your assistance!

Greg Conte
West Hills, CA
1991 MBZ 500SL