[R129 SL] Need a tire recommendation for a 2000 SL500 Sport

Mark DeLuca markdeluca at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:01:03 EDT 2010

To Jan & Team -

Blowout earlier this evening so I need to order new tires tomorrow. With
44,000 miles on these tires I'll replace all 4. I have the spare on the car,
but it pains me to look at it. Like a beautiful woman with a black eye.

The car is only driven in the Summer and it has the 18" AMG wheels. 245/40
ZR18's in the front and 275/35 ZR18's in the rear. Can you recommend a brand
and type of tire? The prices on TireRack are all over the map, from $105
for Sumitomo HTR ZII's to $350 US per tire for the Michelin Pilot Sports.

Thanks,

Mark D.