[R129 SL] '92 500SL reading lights

Deneal Schilmeister (MacbookPro) SBC deneals at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 17:05:32 EDT 2010

On 4/29/10 3:23 PM, "Oldbenz1 at aol.com" <Oldbenz1 at aol.com> wrote:

> I recently had some electrical problems with my '92 500SL. Finally got them

> all sorted out except for the reading lights in the overhead console above the

> rear view mirror. They are inoperative in all switch positions. Fuse is OK.

> Bulbs may be burned out, but I can't figure out how to get at them. I suspect

> the plastic lenses snap out, but before I start prying and risk breaking them,

> I want to see if anyone has experience in this situation.

> Rich Splaine

Rich,

I shouldn¹t have to Splaine this to you, but yes, they sbap out and are held
in by friction and a little tab attached to the lenses.

BUT WAIT! Those little lamps are only available from dealers, and they are
$20 each!

I got mine for $10 ea from Rusty Cullens of BuyMBparts.biz

--
Deneal Schilmeister
1997 SL500 147k