[R129 SL] Removal of fascia vent on 2000 SL320

Pete Bagnall petebagnall44 at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 09:57:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with this relatively simple problem.

I need to replace the driver's side air vent assembly, to one in the fascia
next to the door. I have the relevant new part.

I can see that it is fixed by two screws at the top. I need to gain access
to these screws. Above the vent is a small grill which clips to the vent
housing, covering the screws.

So how is the back of the grill (nearest the windscreen) secured? I have
removes a small sliding rectangular cover behind the grill which reveals a
single screw. Is this it?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I don't want to fix the vent then have to
pay for a new grill!

Pete