[R129 SL] Overheating

asim razvi asimrazvi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 13:40:33 EDT 2009

I have a 94 SL320, it has run hot since I first got it 11 years ago. Usually regular driving its fine, and sometimes in heavy traffic its ok then suddenly I notice especially on a hill etc it gets hot. It usually goes way over 100 when I am in traffic or going uphill but as soon as it levels out its fine. I know these cars run hot but I let a neice borrow it for a week and she overheated it, cost me $5k to rebuild the engine but the problem is still there. I replaced the usual suspects fan clutch etc and radiator, is there something else I can do, its driving me crazy and on warm days am afraid to drive it. I want my joy back.

Asim
94 SL320 99418 miles