[R129 SL] SL320 Transmission Question - Thanks

Jody Techlin starfishsailor at mail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:04:45 EST 2009

Hello All,
I want to thank all of you who responded to my question this morning regarding the gravelly / rattle sound of my SL320 transmisison. I will have to check tohe possiblility of motor, transmission mount problems as well as the possible bussings in teh shifter linkage. The car does run through the gears fine - no problems there. Also, I did not mention that the previous owner did leave some records with the car, one showing a transmission fluid and filter change in May of 2006 with 20,847 miles - the car now has approx. 28,500 miles so it does not have that many miles on the fluid. One person (Fred) mentioned having a similar problem on his ML that resulted in a need to replace the transmission, I hope that is not the case but still need to find out what the problem is... Again, thank you all for your input. When I find out what is causing the problem I will report back to you. Any further ideas you may have will be appreciated. The sound is not deep, just gravelly / rattley.
Regards,
Jody

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!