[R129 SL] Seat Heater

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) SBC deneals at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 15 13:59:30 EDT 2008

On 10/15/08 12:32 PM, "seitle" <seitle at whidbey.com> wrote:

> The seat heaters on my 96 SL work with the exception of the driver seat

> bottom. The back is OK. I would suspect a connector, but I can't easily get

> to it. What else could be wrong? Can anyone help?

> Rolf Seitle

I would also be interested in any answers to this question; My drivers'
seat back heater does not seem to work.

Also interested in anyone's experience with restoring the seat bottom on the
seat.

On Merecedes built in the 70s and 80s it was a common failure for the seat
spring box to break. However my independent Mercedes-only mechanic says the
problem was resolved in later cars, and he doubts the spring box is the
culprit. Yet the symptom on my seat is very similar to a broken seat spring
box.

--
Deneal Schilmeister
1997 SL500 136k