[R129 SL] (no subject)

Jan Kuylaars J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl
Tue May 13 18:14:08 EDT 2008

Hello Folks.
I bought last week a 1998 C240 combo stationcar in green with white
leather.
The car has a perfect maintenance and has driven 160000 km = 100000
miles.
It runs perfect, has all extra's except electrical memory seats.with
heating.
So I am glad, now I have a Mercedes 500Sl from 1989 and a c240 from
1998.
Turnaround the figures.

But I have a problem with my SL. I heard for several months the
electrical gas pump under the trunk makes a sizzling noise.
So I knew some day I must replace.
I think that the time now has come, because the sizzling noise
disappears, but when I give acceleration on the pedal, the engine
gives power till about 3500 rpm and then stops and start to shake.
When I drive easy, I can drive 140 km/hour without problems , if I stay
under the 3000 rpm.

So I guess there is one pump running for first stage, and for the second
stage the pump is defect.
Has someone experience with this?
I cannot believe that the pump has repaired it self and has no noise
anymore, and this complaint has a different reason

With Friendly greetings.,
Jan Kuylaars
Flying Dutchman .