[R129 SL] R129LIST Digest, Vol 39, Issue 4

Peter S joyce.pm at xtra.co.nz
Wed Feb 20 20:29:27 EST 2008

In my opinion, Michelin should accept some liability if the tyres are in good condition and less than three years old!. Not a good advert for Michelin and I am now put off Michelin tyres as I heard a similar story from my cousin in Northern England.

I had a similar incident with a set if Firestone Tyres a few years ago. They kept getting punctures, the outer casing bulged and many problems. An independent tyre seller indicated that my tyres were 'faulty' and this was reasonably common from a particular batch of the Firestone tyres. Firestone refused to accept any responsibility. The only way I got action was I moved our company fleet (company I ran at the time) of 40 vehicles away from Firestone Tyres and moved to Reidrubber for about a year.

Well, Warm and Sunny here in the Manawatu (New Zealand) today. About 28 degrees C in the shade - lovely and will soon to time for a cold 'Sherbee' (beer!) and a 'barbie' (barbecue!).

Have a good one, Regards, Peter S.