[R129 SL] R129 Console Lid

Deneal Schilmeister (MacbookPro) SBC deneals at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 31 11:32:20 EST 2008

Hello to all around the R129 and MBCoupe World!

I have several interior issues that are causing concern, that I would like
to repair to proper conditioning.

First on my list is to repair the innards of the driver¹s seat. I¹m looking
for suggestions as to where to look for these kinds of services without
going to the dealership. The seat just doesn¹t feel right. Kind of like a
broken seat spring in the 1980¹s cars. My mechanic says that this cannot be
the case, yet that is how it feels to me. My car has heated orthopaedic
seats, so I¹m wondering if it is safe to take it to any old interior shop.
I am worried that the bladders could be easily broken.

I also am reluctant to do the work myself because this car is my only car,
and I cannot tae it out of service for a long period of time.

My other interior issue, a bit more pressing to repair, is that the center
console lid has become loose, a black spring clip fell out.

Does anyone remember that link to the page showing a movie of the interior
dis-assembly?
Has anyone had experience with this repair?

Thanks all. Happy Holidays again.

--
Deneal Schilmeister
1997 SL500 137k