[R129 SL] hallelujah gearbox end

Jan Kuylaars J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl
Fri Sep 14 19:06:56 EDT 2007

Egon.

Nice to hear from you, a colleague from the Netherlands.
Did you already bought a 300 SL.

Today I had the opportunity and guts to give some gas and the gearbox
switched over in the 4th gear by 180 km-hour.
By 200 km-hour I was thinking on my driver license and let the gas flow
to reduce and drive further with 120km-hour.
The gearbox is shifting perfect, it is difficult to feel the switch, I
can feel the motor reduce its speed and I know the next gear is chosen.
The gearbox expert made a alignment on my request to let the box switch
to 3rth gear at 50 km-hour.
Now the economic and sport switch is working like it should.
Economic it switched by 2500/300 rpm and in sport it switched by 6000
rpm.

And I been driving 2 whole weeks, even when its raining.
Only negative is the Dutch government , 350 km driving with 70ltrs
gasoline is 100.00 euro´s.

Greetings Jan flying Dutchmen.