[R129 SL] electrical gremlin

Deneal Schilmeister (Portege) deneals at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 21:46:23 EDT 2007

Bill:

I see you're in Indy. Since you're in the US, the best way to get a new
battery installed is to call 1-800-for-mercedes free road service.

Tell them your battery needs replacing and you are stuck.

They will come out to the car, install a new MB battery, reset the radio,
top and windows for the price of the battery. The labor is complimentary.

Of course it is an expensive Mercedes battery, but imho it is well worth it.
I just had this happen a few months ago, and the total cost was $136.00.

Yes, this makes for a very happy car!

Deneal Schilmeister
St. Louis - Cincinnati
1997 SL500