[R129 SL] Hardtop liner is loose ( delaminating)

gregorio at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Tue Sep 4 17:33:43 EDT 2007

Hi Bruce;

I am just having the same problem in my 1991 500SL and also along the back
window. I use a 3M spray adhesive called High Strength 90. I spray a
little in the cap and use a toothpick or Q-tip and wipe a little underneath
the areas, hold it down for a few seconds and it holds. It dries very fast
so you to use it quickly. But very strong stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Greg Conte
1991 MBZ 500SL