[R129 SL] MB Air Conditioners Problems

Anil M Seunath amseunath at atlanticlng.com
Tue Jun 26 06:11:27 EDT 2007

In defense of ..

My father has a 1992 230 E .. w124 . The A/C works top notch today as it
did the day it came out the factory.
Similarity, on his 1995 SL280 .. R129, the A/C works prefect .. however it
did go hot a few years ago .. it turned out to be a leaking evaporator ..
so i changed it out .. new evaporator .. new expansion valve .. new dryer..
( recommended you change the suite when changing the evaporator ) ..

In comparison .. try to get that kind of service .. years of service out of
a BMW, Audi or a Volkswagen ..

Mercedes Benz are great cars .. great build quality .. although the newer
ones are not living up to the reputation .. I hear stories all the time ..
and yesterday .. I looked at a colleague's one week old E200 in the
basement at work .. the parklight was on .. even in the off position .. hmm
.. I smiled .. must be a South African built MB.

Anil. Trinidad W.I.