[R129 SL] SL-500 Air conditioning

Oldbenz1 at aol.com Oldbenz1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 09:29:06 EDT 2007

Well, it seems that it's time to admit that Stuttgart has laid an egg. Our
R129's definietly have problems that we should not have to expect from the
world's oldest automobile manufacturer. Electrical problems abound- my "dancing
dash lights" and non-functioning wipers are only the beginning. Now my ASR
light comes on intermittently. I hate to speak in cliches, but here goes- I've
had more problems with the '92 500SL (55,000 always-perfectly-maintained and
pampered miles) in less than a year of ownership than I've had with my battered,
abused '87 Chevy (106,000 miles).

Has anyone had ASR problems?
Rich