[R129 SL] R129LIST Digest, Vol 31, Issue 18

Oldbenz1 at aol.com Oldbenz1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 18:13:49 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/23/2007 2:17:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
grafyusa at hotmail.com writes:

I have had the dancing dash lights. It is a easy fix. You will need to
remove the instrument cluster and solder in a new capacitor. goto
_www.benzworld.org/forums_ (http://www.benzworld.org/forums) then click on the r129 section
and do a search for dancing dash or even just dash, there are some very good
instructions on there. I would fix this first as when the capacitor goes it
does cause all sorts of weird prroblems

Mark =

Thanks Mark, sounds like a good idea. Actually, I have already purchased
the new capacitor. Just waiting for the motivation to dig into the job. I
dread removing the steering wheel/airbag to get the cluster out so it can be
worked on.
Rich