[R129 SL] Floppy Mirror

William Ricketts bandbricketts at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 15 06:44:56 EST 2007

Hello All;

I heard a "snap" noise while driving in my 98 SL500, and then realized my rearview mirror was loose and flopping around as I drove along the highway.

Anyone experience this before, or could give me any hits how to take the mirror apart to possibly fix it??? I would appreciate any help!

Also, I've yet to figure out how to "search" by subject in the archives listed in our website...any suggestions?

Thanks all, I really enjoy reading the technical exchanges...

Bill R
Nova Scotia