[R129 SL] automatic gearbox update- POSTSCRIPT

Oldbenz1 at aol.com Oldbenz1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 13:16:27 EDT 2007

As a follow-up to my most recent posting regarding my ASR light coming on
after about 2 miles of driving: today I noticed that after abut 3-4 minutes of
the engine running at idle, the ASR light comes on. This may be important
because it rules out wheel slippage as the cause of the light coming on. I
shut down the engine and repeated the cycle several times with the same result-
each time I turned off the ignition, the system would reset. Then when I
turned the engine on again, the light would not be on at first, but after a
short time, whether I drive the car or not, the ASR light comes opn.