[R129 SL] Bad Tires

George Simpson george.simpson.r129 at tiscali.fr
Sun Apr 15 04:58:06 EDT 2007

Jan - when I got my 500SL, the previous owner sold it to me with 18 x 8J
inch Intra A-Line wheels and 235/40 Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres.
He also gave me the original M-B 16 inch wheels with winter tyres
mounted. The 18 inch wheels were fully homologated in Germany - you know
how serious they are - and I have all the necessary TUV papers. The
tyres are 50% used. See:

http://www.euroshina.com.ua/en/wheels/Intra-Exip

for what they look like - I have sent you, off-line, photos of my car
with these wheels.

After about 3 months, I decided I liked the original wheels better -
more from a looks viewpoint - I don't drive fast enough to judge which
are best for performance. Anyway, I now have 4 very good looking Intra
wheels with tyres for a 500SL (complete with the correct wheel bolts)
and I want Euros 1,000 for the lot. I am coming to Breskens next week
and could put them in the BMW Touring - would you (or anyone else in
NL or B or D) be interested?

All the best

George