[R129 SL] speedo cluster lens

TandKW TomandKaren4 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 12:49:15 EDT 2007

Clay,
I just cleaned the inside of my panel glass(plastic) on my 1990 500SL
when I had it apart to try to fix the clock switch. Very easy to do.
Pull the cluster out of the dash and unhook the 4 electrical
connectors. Remove 3 screws and unhook the several plastic snaps holding
the bezel with the glass to the cluster. Use a lint free cloth.

The plastic is bonded to the bezel housing and removing it most likely
would break it.

All the above "assumes" that your 1999 model is similar to the 1990.

Regards,

Tom

1988 300E 105k miles
1990 500SL 60k miles (only got to drive it 500 miles last year):(