[R129 SL] 98 SL500 Electrical Gremlins

gregorio at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Mon Sep 18 12:04:10 EDT 2006

Peter;

I've recently noticed some electrical Gremlins myself on my 1991 500 SL, that I am trying to track down.  My local MBZ mechanic was left scratching his head on this one.  While motoring down the road with the A/C on, the will suddenly stop air from coming through the front vents and will then go out the top vents, then back again. Other times, I'll get a clicking noise where the A/C will go off altogether and then turn back on, in some instances, the car will die, but can be started right back up.

Any of you SL guys have a similar problem I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks,
Greg
West Hills, CA