[R129 SL] Re: R129LIST Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3

Lowanover at aol.com Lowanover at aol.com
Wed Sep 13 18:42:20 EDT 2006

Hi All,
with regards to the R129 workshop manual, I have the dvd version that  works
perfectly. You do have to follow some simple directions when installing  it,
but the assistance of a computer genius is not necessary. There  have been
occasions where I wish there was more comprehensive info, but overall  it is very
good. When looking for a specific subject it is best to do a search  rather
than opening the category that you think you would find it  in.

For example, I have had a recurring problem with the ADS system on my 1996
SL600. I don't find much when I go into the suspension section, but when I do a
 general search on ADS it brings up many hits, some being helpful. Having
said  that I still haven't solved the problem where the light comes on after 1-30
min  of driving ( it is seems quite inconsistent) and the computer controlled
 suspension essentially shuts down and defaults to "sport" mode.

I would happily trade a copy of the dvd for any help or experience that any
members have had in solving this problem. I have replaced acceleration
sensors (dealer) and checked all connections from the speed and abs sensors. The
dealer doesn't know what the problem is either other than to say it is not the
ads computer. You could email me at _lowanover at aol.com_
(mailto:lowanover at aol.com)
Thanks,
Dave