[R129 SL] AMG Package

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 11 13:50:27 EDT 2006

Phil, from what I have seen and read on the subject the AMG package was offered as an option on the 129 series cars.  This included both the SL500 and the SL600.  The package was a dress up add on and included Xenon headlights (headlamp wiper delete), 18" staggered width wheels with z rated low profile tires, a front body trim and grille change, side (under the doors) body trim with a aerodynamic shape and a rear body trim (under the trunk) panel change.  That is the entire package.  The wheels and tires alone gave the entire car a more aggressive look and wider stance which I like.  I have recently added the AMG wheels, and I fitted these with Riken Raptor (Michelin) tires to my 1996 SL500.  Very happy so far.

Happy Motoring - George