[R129 SL] Soft top out of synch

Paul Samarin pauls at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 17 11:33:14 EDT 2006

No kiddin!  I don't think my manual gave me that info, but it was
certainly true.  I could not get the thing to latch at the back;
nevertheless, I did operate the locking mechanisms on both sides all
the way through *as if* it was catching the latch.  I forget which
condition I left the locks in when I finally gave up, but everything's
working now.  It won't cycle completely through in one step.  I hold
the button forward until the top hits the windshield bar and then it
stops without trying to latch; release the button and immediately push
forward again and hold, and it completes the whole cycle.

Paul