[R129 SL] an electrical bugaboo!

gregorio at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Thu Jun 15 17:27:54 EDT 2006

Hello to all!   Greetings from sunny So. Cal. here!  I have a little
electrical glitch that I thought I would see if anyone had a similar
situation...

I have a 91 500 SL with about 42K miles on it.  Wonderful car, fantastic
condition. However, when  I started it up the other day, it started right
up, then all the lights in the dash went on for a split second, then the car
died.   I started it right back up, and it worked fine.  A couple of days
later, it did it again.  One more time, I started it right back up and I was
on my way.

Anything electrical seems expensive to me, but I'd be interested in hearing
any similar stories. Thanks to all for your past help!

Cheers,

Greg Conte
West Hills, CA