[R129 SL] soft top not raising

Anil M Seunath amseunath at atlanticlng.com
Tue Jun 6 14:14:52 EDT 2006

part number for this switch : 1298206110

used on ebay ... don't buy used !! :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercedes-R129-SL-Schalter-Steller-1298206110_W0QQitemZ8037152809QQcategoryZ65060QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

             mooncusser
             <moon.cusser at veri
             zon.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  SL Mailing List
             r129list-bounces@         <r129list at mbcoupes.com>
             mbcoupes.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/06/2006 02:06          Re: [R129 SL] soft top not raising
             PM

             Please respond to
              SL Mailing List
             <r129list at mbcoupe
                  s.com>

On my 92 300sl  there is a switch that the top frame comes in contact
with behind the drivers seat and if it does not connect going down it
will not go up. Look just inside the left or right side and see if the
top is resting on the switch (mine is blue) like it should to operate.
Just a suggestion from someone who has been there at one time.
Later...