[R129 SL] Transmission oil changes

Alvamike at aol.com Alvamike at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 16:18:59 EST 2006

George,
I don't know about the TORQUE converter drain plug but my practice is to
change the filter and as much fluid as possible from the trans every 30k miles
and at EVERY oil change I drain out as much as I can get out of the pan with
the  plug.....about quart and half.  This gets as much as possible changed and
has resulted in my Mercedes going well into the 200k mile range normally
before  they have to have the clutch disks changed.  Never any hard part  wear.
Also key to the trans life is keeping the shift modulator set so  that there is
NO slipping on a shift.  This requires seasonal adjustment on  some.

Mike in Morgantown, PA