[R129 SL] New problem

Victor R. Lopez vrlopez254 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 02:56:38 EDT 2006

there is a small piston in there that latchs and locks the top down. I had a friends 97 sl have the samething happening. He had both pistons replaced. It didnt look like a very hard job to do. Maybe someone else on the site can give you more information
  Good luck

"Deneal Schilmeister (iMac)" <deneals at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  On 8/21/06 6:08 PM, "Ralph Foster" wrote:

> When I lower my soft top I have a new problem where hydraulic fluid is
> leaking on the passenger side top where the sun visor connects to the car. I
> am assuming the latch on top uses hydraulic fluid to open and close. Has
> anyone had this problem and what is the fix?

Ralph this is a common problem with these cars as they age.
I was told it is very IMPORTANT to replace the latches in PAIRS.

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2007
MBCA Cincinnati
1997 SL500 (108k)