[R129 SL] Center trim removal

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Tue May 3 18:34:18 EDT 2005

Before you can even begin to remove the center console to get at the window
switch(s) you need to first remove the radio.  I am placing the
illustrations about removing the radio below so you will see what that
entails.  If, after reviewing the procedure you want to procede then let me
know and I will provide you with the additional information you need.  But I
suggest that you first consider having a qualified service tech. remove the
radio for you because there are year to year changes in the radio that will
frustrate even the best mechanic who is not familiar with these variations.
Once you have the radio successfully out you can then remove the console
cover yourself and get at that switch to replace it.  Happy motoring -
George