[R129 SL] air filter

Adam Gage ADAPL12 at ADELPHIA.NET
Mon May 2 23:11:46 EDT 2005

George - worked perfectly!  Thank you very much for your time and information.
Adam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Jenner
  Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [R129 SL] air filter

  Adam, if your '99 engine is configured the same way my '96 is you will find the air box cover has two sections, a front section which is just trim and removes by lifting it at the front to unclip it.  After that you will find that the larger rear cover with the MB star embossed in the center will come off by releasing several clips holding the top and bottom together.  Once all of the clips are released (you will have to feel all around the cover to make sure you get them all) you just lift the cover off and you have access to the air boxes (mine has two filters, one on each side).  I intend to replace my stock filters with K&N free flow filters soon.

  Happy Motoring, George