[R129 SL] SL500 telephone

ziggor at aol.com ziggor at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 10:30:50 EST 2005

My 1998 SL500 cane equipped with the telephone installed in the dash (behind the locking door). I do not use the provided telephone so would like to remove it to retrofit the usable cubby found on non-phone equipped cars. My Mercedes Benz mechanic told me as an aside that the phone is a slide in unit. The dealership estimates the removal at $330. He couldn't give me details on how to remove the phone, he was at his place of business, but he indicated it was not a difficult job and suggested I save the money. Anyone have any experience with the job? I have not been able to locate the retaining tabs or clips. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Glenn Ziegler
ziggor at aol.com
98 SL500
00 E320