[R129 SL] Underhood smoke from my '97 SL500...

Michael Winiker Michael.WINIKER at raymondjames.ca
Fri Jun 3 11:24:59 EDT 2005

Thanks Bruce.  I've topped-up the coolant 3 or 4 times in the past 25,000
miles.  Occasionally I smell a whiff of coolant when I really tromp on it
and wind it out through the gears, something I've done a little more
frequently as the weather has gotten warm here in Canada and I'm driving
with the top down...having fun.
The car wasn't and has never run hot and the only other malady has been
intermittent clicking lifters that I've heard others commenting on.  Against
my better judgement I dumped a $3 can of Wynn's "Tune-up in a can" (or
whatever they call it) and it appears to have settled the clicking....who
knew!

Regards,
Michael A. Winiker, B.A., LL.B.
Investment Advisor