[R129 SL] Driver's door

Clifton Richardson cliffv8 at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 29 14:13:36 EST 2005

Hi Adam,

I had the same problem, it turned out to be the door strap that is located
between the door hinges and the on the A pillar and the door one side
connects to the inside of the door and the sound is coming from there, It is
not expensive to replace, you will have to remove the door trim in order to
access the bolts that secure it, it should take no more that about 1 hour
for somebody who is competent, the only thing is that the replacement part
is not painted whilst the original part is painted to the same colour as the
car.

I hope that this is of some help

Regards Cliff

London 500SL 1991