[SPAM] [R129 SL] SL 500 drinks more than owner

Victor R. Lopez vrlopez254 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 23:04:10 EST 2005

hey guys
Doesn't that rocker switch mean winter summer. meaning that in the winter the trans will start out in second gear thus illuminating wheel spin. my two cents

"gregoiro at weststargroup.net" <gregorio at weststargroup.net> wrote:

@font-face {	font-family: Lucida Handwriting;}@page Section1 {size: 595.3pt 841.9pt; margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin: 35.4pt; mso-footer-margin: 35.4pt; mso-paper-source: 0; }P.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}P.MsoAutoSig {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoAutoSig {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination:
 widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoAutoSig {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}SPAN.EmailStijl15 {	COLOR: black; mso-style-type: personal-compose; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial}DIV.Section1 {	page: Section1}Jan;

I have a 1991 500SL and had (until recently) a MBZ 400E (with theh 4.2 liter V-8), so I know of what you talk about.  My big Mercedes sedan got better mileage than the 500SL, and it is partly due to the fact that I put my foot intot the 500SL more - meaning I drive faster in the sports car!  The sedan was for cruising.  But I get about 18-20 miles per gallon in my 500SL, highway or city driving.   But I do watch that little guage which shows what kind of mileage you are getting when I am on the freeways.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Hope all is well in your end of the world.

Cheers,

Greg
West Hills, CA