[R129 SL] 1996 SL500 with no high beam warning flashers

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 12:15:58 EST 2005

Hi all, my high beam flashers (when you pull the turn signal lever) no longer work.  I have traced the problem from the high beam lamp itself back to the fuses.  The switch (lever) will make and break contact on my voltmeter as it should, but will only very dimly light up a test lamp.  That indicates to me that something is no longer able to carry sufficient current to light the lamps when I pull on the lever.  I am wondering if there is a relay in this circuit or is the switch on the lever the only thing carrying the current??  More information is available if someone can help on this problem.

Thanks to you all for making this a great forum
George Jenner