[R129 SL] R129 list virus

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 09:53:27 EST 2005

Jan, I also have this copy of the DVD which I purchased from Jonathan Hodgman last September.  I found that If I followed the text file instructions which were also on the DVD to the letter everything worked out fine.  I am listing the contents of this text file in case you did not get it with your copy.

"Mercedes R129 DVD Service Manual Installation Instructions

Browse to your DVD drive in windows Explorer (right click on start, explore)
In the root directory of the DVD you will see three folders.
Browse to the Utils folder.  In there you will see a Whip4.exe, install this program.
Repeat the above steps after installing Whip and install acroreader.
Restart.

Upon restarting, browse back to the root directory of the DVD, and browse the Acrobat folder, then Reader, in the Reader directory run AcroRd32.EXE
Allow some time for acrobat to fire up.

Lastly, browse to the Classic folder and run Home.html and you're off:)"

I think the key is the Whip4.exe file.  Once this is installed it somehow attaches to MS Internet Explorer and provides the authority to view the requested documents and drawings on line.  One more thing.  When I first tried the disk I was using Mozilla FireFox as my browser and could not use the 129 manual.  When I reloaded MS Internet Explorer as my browser and reinstalled the 129 manual as above everything immediately straightened out.

Happy Motoring,
George Jenner