[R129 SL] Hardtop compatibility

Adam Gage ADAPL12 at ADELPHIA.NET
Tue Feb 1 20:19:56 EST 2005

Mine had same problem - 99SL.  When putting it on, I noticed you must be careful not to let the forward pins engage first - they'll automatically lock without the rear pins being able to go in.  I kept turning it off and finally it "unstuck" itself.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Held
  To: r129list at mbcoupes.com
  Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 8:23 PM
  Subject: [R129 SL] Hardtop compatibility

  I've heard conflicting stories that a 129 hardtop

  a) will fit any year
  b) will fit any year, but possibly with modification
  c) fits either the first few years, or the last few years (i.e. there's one top that fits only, say, '89-'93, and another that fits only '94 onward)

  Which is right?

It has removed 165 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!