[R129 SL] New to the 129

John Kirkman jdkirkk at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 19:01:45 EST 2005

It is my understanding that most, maybe all, late model MB five-speed
automatic transmissions require their oil to be changed every 30,000 miles.
If in doubt contact MBUSA @(800)367-6372, or write them at: Customer
Assistance Center, Mercedes-Benz of North America, One Mercedes Drive,
Montvale, NJ 07645-0350
Some dealers are knowledgeable and helpful, and some are not. You might
consider a search for a competent independent shop since your car (and
mine!) is "old" and not of particular interest to some of the dealers or
their mechanics.
Clean oil is cheap maintenance.  ;-)
John Kirkman
1996 SL600