[R129 SL] Re: R129LIST Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1 age and milages

Markus Meyer markusfmeyer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:57:51 EST 2005

Greg,

I just switched to Amsoil after not being able to find the Castrol synthetic
I used to use (sent to my door in a day!).  Also, after doing some research,
I found out that all synthetics are NOT alike - some are not pure synthetics
as they advertise.  Amsoil says to change the oil once a year or x amount of
miles ( which most people never hit) and change the filter only every six
months.  I was doing it twice a year at about half the cost so for me, cost
is the same for what seems to be a better oil, at least according to what
I've been reading up.  So far I only have 3 months of usage but for a
do-it-yourselfer, it will save me time and cleanup if nothing else.

Cheers,
Markus