[R129 SL] tech info needed on soft top sensors

mooncusser r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:02:53 -0400

Well do I feel like a fool...I read the post so fast I skipped over
the part about locking in the front first...just goes to show ya how a
beer or two effect what you see and read. Thanks for the
information...I have it memorized now.
B F Rollins

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:10:14 -0400, you wrote:

>Well that didn't work...looks like I am off to the dealer tomorrow.
>Thanks for you great suggestions though...I tried them both and
>neither worked. Oh well...
>
>On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:45:34 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>most limits are set by holding the switch in question for about 5 =
seconds
>>after reaching the endpoint. This is true for the top switch, and =
window
>>switches.
>>
>>Here's the top reset procedure.
>>
>>Top out of synch
>>(This info is in the owner's manual referring to the syncronization. =
This
>>may be more info than you need at this time, but you never know when it
>>might be helpful.)
>>
>>When the battery has been replaced or interrupted, in order for the top
>>and/or roll bar to operate you first have to syncronize the windows.
>>
>>Situation one - Top up
>>
>>The procedure is to press the up side of the window button and make =
sure the
>>window is in the uppermost position, then continue to hold the button =
for an
>>additional 5 seconds. Do each window the same. At this point you should=
 be
>>able to operate the top button and the light should go out. If the roll=
 bar
>>button light does not go out then press it to go up and then hold for 5
>>seconds - you should be able to hear the pump at this point. Then press=
 it
>>down and hold for 5 seconds. It should have everything back in order
>>(syncronized) and lights out. If not you may have some other problem =
and it
>>is best for the shop to hook up the computer and check for any faults.
>>
>>Situation Two - Top down
>>
>>Syncronize windows as in the above procedure, but in addition up will =
have
>>to manually raise the soft top. NOTE: REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION WHEN =
RAISING