[R129 SL] 129 headliner sagging

Victor R. Lopez r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

--0-895091627-1098793902=:28473

Not me, from my experience once the form is going it will need to be completely replace.

Tom and Karen <tandkw@bwn.net> wrote: Dear listers,

The headliner in my 1990 sl has become unglued and is sagging. I believe
it is due to the deterioration of the foam insulation layer to which it
is/was glued and perhaps also because the vinyl appears to have shrunk.
My first thought was to try to reattach it use the type of spray
adhesive I used when repairing the hood pad, but I don't think it will
bond to the foam insulation layer.
Has anyone else had experience with this problem?

Tom
1990 500SL
1988 300E
Fort Collins, CO

--0-895091627-1098793902=:28473

<DIV>
<DIV>Not me, from my experience once the form is going it will need to be completely replace.<BR><BR><B><I>Tom and Karen &lt;tandkw@bwn.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Dear listers,<BR><BR>The headliner in my 1990 sl has become unglued and is sagging. I believe <BR>it is due to the deterioration of the foam insulation layer to which it <BR>is/was glued and perhaps also because the vinyl appears to have shrunk.<BR>My first thought was to try to reattach it use the type of spray <BR>adhesive I used when repairing the hood pad, but I don't think it will <BR>bond to the foam insulation layer.<BR>Has anyone else had experience with this problem?<BR><BR>Tom<BR>1990 500SL<BR>1988 300E<BR>Fort Collins, CO<BR><BR><BR>The MB Coupes Website!<BR>R129 SL Mailing List<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV>
--0-895091627-1098793902=:28473--